by Jacquie Underdown
This is an incredibly decadent recipe of rich, creamy, cheesy goodness, so it is best to eat on special occasions only. My mother-in-law hauled this recipe through from the days of fat and flavour as a reminder of how good food can be, and makes it every Christmas.
Chicken vol-au-vents can be made in advance and re-heated on Christmas day, so you’re not spending all day in the kitchen. For someone like me, who also has their birthday on Christmas Day, this recipe is perfect.
- 2 large chicken breasts, whole
- 20 palm-sized vol-au-vent cases
- 1L water
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 3 stalks of spring onions, chopped
- 2 handfuls of mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp. cornflour
- 500 g of grated tasty cheddar cheese
- 500 mL of thickened cream (do not use low fat, it will split. Trust me, I’ve tried repetitively.)
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. seeded…
View original post 254 more words